Possibly the world's most popular model, this recorder is easy to play and has a clear soft tone. It is ideal for school use. System: German (YRS-23), Baroque (YRS-24B), Windway: Straight. ABS recorders are durable and easy to care for while providing a tone similar to that of natural wood. Many schools throughout the world insist on Yamaha recorders thanks to their accurate intonation, easy playability, and rich expressive sound.
Yamaha delivers safe and reliable products
From raw materials selection to manufacturing processes, we pay the closest attention to produce Yamaha recorders with safety and reliability.
- Our ABS recorders comply with the following regulations related to the production and use of chemical substances.(as of Feburuary, 2013)
*Japan: Food Sanitation Law.
*Europe: REACH (Registration, Evaluation, Authorization and Restriction of Chemicals).
*USA: CPSIA (Consumer Product Safety Improvement Act).
- Manufacturing at factories with ISO quality certification.
- Ultrasonic adhesion technology used in assembling parts of soprano and alto recorders instead of adhesive bonding.
Cotton Case Bags
The recorder cases are made from environmentally friendly natural cotton.
Yamaha offers a choice of either German or Baroque fingering systems on many models to accommodate local preferences and traditions.
There are two different windways.
- Straight WindwayEasy to play with a soft pure tone. This is ideal for beginners.
- Arched WindwayIt has a slight resistance when you play for better breath control which gives greater tonal expressiveness and projection.
20 & 30 Series (YRS-23/24/31/32B)
Yamaha's 20 and 30 Series recorders are designed to provide a perfect start to anyone's musical education. They offer an ideal amount of air resistance for easy control, and feature an accuracy of intonation you would expect to find only on more expensive models. Though other maker's plastic recorders may have a similar appearance, Yamaha ABS recorders are truly superior instruments. Models are available with either ‘German' or ‘Baroque' fingering systems. The 20 series, easy to play throughout their ranges, are primarily intended for beginners. 30 series recorders, which feature an arched windway for improved breath control and tonal expression, are for more advanced players. YRS-23/24B: Possibly the world's most popular model, this recorder is easy to play and has a clear soft tone. It is ideal for school use.
- Tuning: C
- Fingering: English (Baroque)
- Material: Plastic
- Number of Parts: 3
- Colour: White